.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Popular Post

Beautiful Imperfections



When I used to watch Heroes (didn't we all give up at some point...) I always found Greg Grunberg one of the hottest men on the show. During American Idol a few years ago when all the message boards were talking about how hot Ace Young was I was more drawn to Elliott Yamin.

Obviously given I run this blog I love beautiful men. If you read my posts (and I know a few do more than skim through the pictures, you know that what I find attractive is also about more than just what is on the surface. Sometimes it is talent, sometimes it is kindness sometimes it something you cannot quite put your finger on. It is funny that when I contact models about participating in profiles the one who replies kindly is the one I usually end up finding most attractive. Life tends to work that way.

It is odd, yet strangely natural that often it is the imperfections that make someone sexy. The modeling world is known for looking for the perfect face and the perfect body. Yet at the same time they are looking for someone who does not look like everyone else. Sometimes it is the nose that is a bit misshaped, those ears just a bit too big, the slight beginnings of love handles that really make a person not only sexy but unique. I certainly could not write 'Love the huge nose' when profiling a model, yet it just might be that nose that made me take notice in the first place.



In a world which truly pounds us to hide our imperfections it is refreshing to see someone embrace them. I have profiled model Steven Jutzi before and when I saw his most recent work with Flyfoto the shots stood out as some of his best work. The first photo at the top of my post is my all time favorite shot of Steven.



Steven says the beauty comes from finally embracing his imperfections.

" I called the series "imperfect" since its all me and all my imperfections - balding hair, you can see I don't have perfect skin, didn't shave, didn't groom my eyebrows..."

Steven says the shots turned out so well because they are him, his personality in its raw form. Imperfections and all.

"I've never been happier and its such a change from the dramatic shoots from earlier in my quest. I'm at peace and accept all my flaws and strengths. I'm imperfect, and that's alright with me."

Kudos to Steven, seems to me this acceptance is what we are all striving for.
You can follow Steven on Twitter HERE: or on Facebook HERE: