.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Popular Post

Tom Reader: Model/Actor/Adventurer



Model/Actor/Adventurer! These are the words that great you when you go to Tom Reader's Website. 23 year old Tom Reader puts equal amounts of energy and passion into reaching his goals and is the reason he has been so successful in reaching his dreams. Tom's penchant for adventuring, as well as testing limits and situations, has led to experiences and challenges which most of only dream about. His experiences have also led Tom to be ready for a wide variety of jobs in each of his fields of pursuits.



The Man:

At Iceland's Blue Lagoon


'I have summated Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Etna, Mount Snowdon, Ben Nevis, and Sca Fell Pike (amongst many other hills!). I love experiencing other cultures and I have taken part in La Tomatina (the Tomato Fight) and taken part in a volunteer house-building project in Tamil Nadu (India)'

Tom at Mount Kilimanjaro.


'I'm also a qualified Diver 'Open Water' diver and a qualified Nutritionist.
My desire for testing situations found me in the final selection for the BBC's 'Tough Guy or Chicken?'. I also took part in the "most dangerous one-day races on earth" a.k.a the 'Toughguy.co.uk' challenge.'


Meeting the locals in Tamil Nadu, India.


The Model:


Tom who is represented by Models1 in London has been featured in GT Magazine (fashion editorial),Monocle Magazine, Wound Magazine (editorial), Arena Magazine (fashion editorial), Live Magazine (fashion editorial) and Men's Health Magazine. Tom has been on the runway, in various ads and campaigns and hosted Tom Ford's 'A Single Man' London Premiere.

Below: Tom by Jay Clark.



'Physical training is a massive part of my life, and although I've aborted my 'get big' goal to tailor my physique for the modelling industry I still train with unequivocal ferocity. From this passion I learned quickly the importance of managing your personal nutrition and have subsequently attained a Diploma in Nutrition and Weight Management; allowing me to teach my knowledge.'

Tom Reader
Stats:

Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 176 lbs
Chest: 39"
Waist: 31"
Shoe: 10
Hair color: Brown
Hair length: Medium
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Skin color: White
Experience: Very Experienced

Next three images by negatif.






The Actor:
Below: Tom by PBG - picsbygaz


'Growing up with a tight-knit group of friends who are now all qualified engineers and soldiers it was difficult to articulate my hunger for film in a way that was understood and accepted. This inevitably delayed me getting in front of the camera sooner, but now I love it and I have even performed on stage at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA), in a matinee production of Oscar Wildes' Salome

In 2008 I finalized in an amateur movie competition which gave me the kick I needed to take my 'filming and editing' seriously. I have since taken up a BA in Film and Documentary at University. My ambition is to be in front of the camera, presenting or acting.'


Whenever I profile an actor I love to ask who their influences are, here is what Tom had to say when I asked him about those who helped fuel his desire to be an actor:

'I have a handful of favourite actors like; Clive Owen, Jude Law, Tom Hanks, Hugh Jackman and of course Arnold Schwarzennegger! I really enjoy oddball and 'self aware' comedies like Garth Marenghi's 'Darkplace' (see UK's channel 4 for details) and an American movie called Black Dynamite, but a movie that I hold dear and one that has, to a point, influenced my life is Darren Aronofski's 'The Fountain', it remains, to this day, my most heavily watched film! Previously it was Baz Lhurmanns 'Romeo and Juliet' which I watched a lot (for the use of Old English language and visual styling).

In terms of influencing me into wishing to become an actor, I'd say Hugh Jackman definitely takes a first position on that. He is a great actor, true to his art! I also remember Pete Postlethwaite in Romeo and Juliet and believing completely in his portrayal of his character that I felt compelled to attempt acting myself!'


I hope you enjoyed learning about Tom Reader, Model/Actor/Adventurer, and I would add role model, as much as I did. Thanks Tom for your support in putting the profile together! Please stop by Tom's website HERE: to see and learn so much more!